How to apply GelMoment Gel Polish
Getting fabulous salon-quality nails is easy with GelMoment.
Follow these simple instructions to learn how to apply GelMoment Gel Polish and ensure a beautiful and long-lasting manicure. Scroll down for the video!
Before you start – make sure that you are working inside and away from a window. Your GelMoment polish is very UV sensitive and using it in too bright an environment may lead to a gluggy mess – I learned this the hard way.
- Start by prepping your nails and cuticles. You want to make sure that your hands are clean and completely dry for the best results.
Shape your nails with the white side of your longlife nail file and buffer and gently push back your cuticles with the cuticle pusher tool.
- Buff the surface of the nail well using the grey side of your longlife file. Ensure that you get into the corner, but do not over buff – your aim is to remove oils from the nail surface and provide a smooth surface for the gel to adhere too.
- Wipe away the oil and nail dust using the gelmoment cleanser.
- Gently roll the bottle between your hands to mix the polish without creating air bubbles.
- Apply a thin layer of gel polish to the nail, ensuring that you ‘cap’ the free edge of the nail. Place your polish bottle away from your lamp before curing your nails.
- Cure (dry) the polish under your GelMoment LED light.
Tips & Tricks for How to Apply GelMoment Gel Polish:
- Reach out for help if you need it! I’m happy to help you troubleshoot your technique – just ask me!
- Refer to the instruction card that came in your kit, or watch a video tutorial if it’s been a while since you last used GelMoment. It’s easy to forget a step or two.
- Gel is not like lacquer. It is better to apply two thin coats of gel than one thick one. This helps to even out the colour and ensure that the polish cures evenly.
- It can take a little practice to get your application technique perfect, so allow yourself a bit of time to play and experiment when you first use the product. Practice makes perfect.
Video: How to Apply GelMoment Gel Polish